Commercial Litigation Attorneys
Defending Businesses and Organizations in Idaho and American Samoa
For even the most risk-averse organizations, commercial litigation is increasingly a fact of life. Our firm’s attorneys work closely with clients to develop aggressive, result-oriented strategies to win cases without unnecessarily disrupting our clients’ businesses. Our commercial litigators in Boise, Idaho and American Samoa can assist with:
- Breach of contract matters, including those surrounding the sales of products and services, as well as breach of warranty
- Corporate litigation, such as allegations of breach of fiduciary duty or the covenant of good faith and fair dealing
- Collection actions for outstanding debts, including repossession
- Breaches of non-compete or non-solicitation agreements
- Business torts, such as misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference with contractual relations, and tortious interference with prospective economic advantage
- Defamation via libel and/or slander, including online speech
- Shareholder derivative actions
- Corporate fraud claims, including actions to recover following embezzlement or other corporate officer misconduct
Of course, it is difficult to conceive of all the different kinds of commercial disputes that can develop, but our broad range of experience equips us to handle them.
Commercial Litigation Experience Counts
Each business lawsuit is unique for many reasons, such as the particular facts of the dispute, the terms of a contract at issue, or external economic considerations. Sometimes the client is in a precarious financial situation, about to launch a new product, experiencing a leadership change, or undertaking an acquisition. All of these factors must be accounted for in any litigation plan. Thus, the most successful commercial litigators are the ones thinking creatively about how to get the resolution the client wants in the most efficient way. Rarely is the best plan to simply pursue a linear plan of exchanging pleadings, followed by written discovery and depositions, then attempting to settle. Most of the time, keeping the pressure on the other side works best, but not always. Sometimes early, aggressive discovery followed by a dispositive motion is the best strategy, or perhaps a creative settlement proposal will create a way out of the situation at little cost. In any event, your attorneys need experience to know which legal strategy best suits your particular business dispute. Our attorneys have made careers diligently and successfully advocating for their clients and creatively resolving these disputes with your business interests in mind.
Of course, there are also times when our clients must proceed to trial or arbitration. Mooney Wieland’s attorneys relish these cases. Our litigators are fearless trial attorneys capable of presenting your strongest case before a jury, trial judge, arbitrator, or other tribunal.
Our E-Discovery Technological Advantages
Often, parties in commercial lawsuits are hamstrung by excessive discovery costs, especially in the largest and most complex cases, which invariably implicate electronically stored information (ESI). Many law firms using legacy technology charge into the five figures each month for data storage and processing, plus hourly costs for high-level paralegals necessary to manage e-discovery. This is an unwanted financial burden on the client in and of itself. If it drags on too long, it can also force the client to settle a case sooner or on less favorable terms than otherwise necessary.
Our firm is well-practiced in efficiently managing ESI. Our process is simple: we outsource the burdensome software, infrastructure, and staff costs of managing data in commercial litigation. We partner with outside providers, who offer numerous advantages over legacy systems:
- A cloud-based platform where all document review, processing, and production occurs totally online in one place. This allows our attorneys and all our clients’ representatives, such as in-house teams, to review the same documents and other materials in a centralized location. We can share notations, tags, and other artifacts directly with our clients without limit on the number of users who have access to the database.
- Easy and quick document gathering for our corporate clients responding to discovery requests.
- Seamless native-document upload, production, download, review, and annotation.
- Remarkable cost savings.
- Limitless data storage and processing capabilities.
We are here to help leverage these efficiencies into better results in any commercial litigation matter involving e-discovery.