HR Counseling and Risk Management Lawyers
Advising Employers in Idaho and American Samoa
Managing the risks inherent in being an employer requires proactive legal counsel. And since even mundane employment disputes can quickly grow into serious legal and business issues, an ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure when it comes to managing the regulatory, HR, and legal risks of having employees.
Our attorneys have experience ensuring that your business implements effective but manageable HR policies and practices. After getting to know you and your company, we can customize a package of legal services to fit your needs.
We can help with:
- Drafting workplace policies, such as employee policies, handbooks, and other manuals
- Investigating alleged supervisor or employee misconduct
- Restrictive covenants, such as non-competes, non-solicitation clauses, and confidentiality agreements
- Employment contracts, including executive compensation
- Proactively avoiding potential issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Interviewing and hiring
- Protection of trade secrets, client lists, business relationships, and intellectual property
- Periodic reviews and discipline
- Wage, salary, and benefits, including the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Terminations, lay-offs, and severance or separation agreements
- OSHA consulting and investigations
- Workplace safety
Our goal is to train our clients’ personnel to avoid the necessity of dispute resolution. However, in the event a dispute does arise, we are well versed in employment mediation, arbitrations, administrative proceedings and appeals, and litigation.
Policy and Handbook Audits and Agreement Drafting
We review and draft employment handbooks and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, and we recommend revisions and policy additions based on employment best practices. We also work with corporate clients to review or draft employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements, and other workplace contracts. Additionally, we review and provide advice on compliance with affirmative action programs and similar matters impacting organizations receiving public grants and other government funding.
Using employment handbooks and policies in place or new handbooks and policies recommended by Mooney Wieland, we conduct on-site management and employee training as needed to ensure best practices are put into action. We conduct training on issues including sexual harassment and employment discrimination prevention, sensitivity training, FLSA and other wage and hour compliance, FMLA/ADA leave compliance, and performance counseling and improvement.